Monday, August 23, 2004

Early Newsroom Memoirs

Phew! First week with my big boss at work is over and I'm still alive and kicking- Praise God!
My boss has a very unorthodox way of teaching me, ahem, the finer points of journalism. Take the conversation below for example...

Me (looking a little sheepish): Errr boss, u still want me to chase this story abt blah blah blah...

Boss: Yeah, when u have stuff like that, u do it as soon as possible, u dun have to wait...

Boss: It's just like when u are chasing a gal. If u like her, u take her into bed first, then talk later...

Me: ...

Colleague overhearing conversation and trying to be funny: Hey boss, what u teaching Alvin ah?

Boss: Aiyah, this bugger studied in London, I'm sure he already knows all these...

Me: ...

Boss leaves the newsroom...