Tuesday, August 31, 2004

What a Weekend!

Started off Sat with my maiden golf assignment at Seletar Country Club armed with the advice of my editor- 'When you get there and meet the GM, tell him you're a virgin when it comes to golf, and he will help you...'

Felt a little outta place initially, but the GM's hospitality was excellent! Got all the info I needed, plus he sent one of his assistants to show me around the club's facilities- even extended an open invitation for me to return for a round of golf anytime! Well, I'm more interested in getting a tour of the beautiful 18-hole course though.

Went back to office, then out to the Devils Bar to do an EPL Blackout story. Was standing by should there be no live coverage due to the saga between ESPN and StarHub.

Made friends with the owner Dennis Foo, and had a fantastic time in a Man U establishment for once (free F & B plus the delight of seeing Blackburn take the lead!). Yet another place which extended an open invitation for me to return for more free rounds of food & drink- man, I'm starting to enjoy the perks of the job!

Had to rush to ECP by 9am on Sun to cover the Singapore Triathlon, and it was a wonderful experience. The PR agency handling the event was a joy to work with- providing all the info b4 hand, efficient in arranging interviews, and offering yummy F & B too!