Thursday, July 07, 2005

Finally...

The best thing about the IOC session is this - the big decision is over, and it's ending.
The pressure to land stories, and compete with 1001 other journalists and photographers plus TV crew is not something I look to ever again.

Not to forget the seemingly eternal meetings, and never seeing the light of day.

Is it worth it? Surely there must be a higher calling, a more divine ambition.
Maybe, to quote another friend, I just 'don't have the balls for journalism'.

London
Now over to London - congrats on the 2012 Games!

London might have been my adopted home for 3 years, but I was never attached to it. It was a cold, materialistic and even somewhat dog-eat-dog place. What else do you expect from a city with over 8 million people?!

Having lived there, I'm naturally more skeptical about their plans to do this and that.

Also, I had fallen for Madrid. Here was a city that did not do anything wrong - their people were friendly, their bid highly impressive. Perhaps their only mistake was not paying enough attention to the media, something which London did almost to perfection.

RAUL
Was pretty distracted after the whole hoo-hah with Raul on the Tuesday papers. Friends started calling, colleagues wanted autographs. Not sure if I wanted that kind of limelight.

But I could not not write about that bus trip, rite?
I just hope I didn't make use of him. That was never in my mind.

Well I hope the bosses are appeased for a while. Memorable stories? Take that *kabish*