Thursday, November 10, 2005

Al-most Got Tiger

I got up close to Tiger today... so close that his bodyguard spoke to me.
But I didn't have the balls to ask him for an autograph.

It was 10am. I had just arrived at the golf club, eager to meet some famous golfers.
And it was instant jackpot. As I was waiting for my editor, Woods got there.

I followed him down the stairs, and met one of the IMG fellas I knew. He introduced me to Tiger's manager.

Before I could figure out what was happening, Woods popped out of the player's room with his caddy, went up to the IMG fella whom I had just met, and started chatting.

Oh my gosh... Tiger was 2 metres away.
I wanted to get his autograph real bad. But I just froze. I stood there like a dumbo. And his minders were getting suspicious.

Then one of Woods' four bodyguards walked up to me. He was a brown-skinned American fella, but spoke fluent Mandarin.

He asked me in Mandarin what I was doing there. I was stunned...
I just said I was waiting for someone.

Wasted.