Thursday, June 09, 2005

Camp reflections

Being in the camp after a three year absence is fantastic! And it was more rewarding serving in the committee.

No doubt, this hotel was crap in terms of rooms and recreational facilities, but everything else was superb, esp the company!

I must admit, it felt weird initially with all the newcomers/non-Christians in our midst, and with the less than ideal start to the camp - bus arrived late, missed the turning into the hotel, rooms that couldn't be unlocked and missing fridges, towels, not to forget being roach infested.

Watching movies with Ben in Residence 1 aka Room 802 with my laptop and the projector was a highlight, as were Chris Long's workshops plus that amazing message. His football theology rocks!

And who can forget the durian feast just before we boarded the coach?!

Or The AmazinG race. Which turned out to be the most fun and most stressful bit of the camp for me.

Was volunteered by my grp to take part in the beauty pageant, and I had to be dressed as Mr Sporty, and do the catwalk. Thank God I was so starved of sleep, and was 'inspired' by crazy Ben Stiller in Zoolander that I whipped out my whacky self, which ppl in church hardly get to see. It was super embarassing, and I didn't expect to win cos Sporty is no where near being a biblical term or a fruit of the Spirit.

Yes... did I forget to mention that Geri's an excellent drawer, and Sis Elaine a lady with boundless energy and loads of talents (which include designing pageant sashes, and juggling taking part in the race plus attending to her 2 yr old kid that needed to poop).

Received a timely prophetic word on the last night as well.

Now to burn off the excess flab from all the fab food and to continue building the relationships that were kindled...