Monday, July 25, 2005

Here At Last

It's here.
My week-long leave - long-awaited, much-needed, not-to-be-missed.

Hopefully I'll have time to relax and reflect.
Am praying that the wed-fri Club Med Bintan vacation works out, that Jon can come along.

Just finished watching "Bride and Prejudice", a movie by the same director that did 'Bend it like Beckham, and a film adapted from Jane Austen's classic work 'Pride and Prejudice'.

Besides being totally enthralled by Aishwarya Rai's beauty, it also brought to mind the notion of love and marriage.

My life philosophy has always been this - 'it's more stressful to be in a relationship than to be single'.

Call the above statement an excuse or just the result of pure cowardice - I've had many female friends, but I've never been in a relationship. Perhaps the only girl I've ever liked I never told.
Instead, I created a mess that I could never clear up.

Being a single guy with metrosexual tendencies these days does have implications - people might mistake you for being gay, even your own sister *evil stare*.
But does it mean that you go out and get attached just to debunk that rumour?

With my current job, getting into a relationship might just be a recipe for disaster - unless it's divinely orchestrated. As I told a friend who asked me if I'm seeing anyone, the only 'person' I'm dating these days is my Taiwanese girlfriend aka my Acer laptop, which I use for most of my work.

But my 92 year-old grandma never fails to remind me - "to bring some girl home to show her before she closes her eyes and never wakes up again."
She's pretty liberal about this, she doesn't mind any race or nationality.

With this situation in mind, these recent words from a close brother who just got engaged could not be more timely:

"Choosing a wife is the second most important decision in your life after salvation.
Do you not think God is working on it?
Wait for His absolute best, and do not compromise - you will be rewarded in due time."

With this, I seek the Giver, not the gift.

But if you know anyone who looks like Aishwarya Rai, loves the Lord, then Liverpool FC, you know what to do... *cheeky grin*