Friday, September 09, 2005

I wanna score, but where's the goal?

I can't understand why Boss is making such a big fuss over a golf tournament.

Sure, there is a need to impress and outdo all the other media, but at the expense of our readers?

Do they really want to read 3-4 stories on a local golf tournament that they can also catch live on TV or watch on the news or live in person instead of news on local football, or other sports?

Is there a need to go so technical in our pieces that even leisure golfers would be hard-pressed to figure out what's happening?

Yesterday's work experience can be best summed up by this analogy.

I feel like a soccer striker who's told to score a hat-trick, but isn't told where the goal is until the 80th minute. And I'm still expected to bag 3 goals.

How to score even 1?

I thought I was shooting in the right direction, only to be told to shoot elsewhere late on.

It's never good for morale if only mistakes are highlighted, and good work ignored.

Hoping that today would be better.