Thursday, August 18, 2005

Anti-climax

I was supposed to start my off day with badminton at NUS, and end it with street soccer at Tampines.

In the end, I woke up with a flu, and one friend had gastric.
So badminton was off.

To my horror or may I say relief (because I had a slight fever last night) soccer was called off as well - the person was too tired to get things going.

Double whammy.

This let-down feeling reminds me of the weekend's English Premier League.
Started off optimistic that my fantasy football team, pitted against my secondary school buddies and colleagues, would do well.
Ended in disgrace - I'm rock-bottom in one league, and in the lower half of another.
That's thanks to Gerrard's inept finishing against Middlesbrough, and Chelsea's inability to whack Wigan.
Terrible.

Thank God Sunday was good.
Church was fantastic - was glad that I finally got to meet Ethan and Suling. Joel was absent though. I hope he's ok.

Lunch with KA and Grace was enjoyable as usual, then the book-in feeling struck - my 10 day leave was over and it was time to go back to my Toa Payoh 'army camp'.

But it was not so bad. Wrote a decent piece on Thierry Henry's league debut as Arsenal captain.

Shiok then, but for now I'm swamped with work and my off day's slowing ebbing away and the sad prospect of spending most of it trying to sleep off my flu.

I need more rest, less stress.