Monday, October 09, 2006

It's All A Blur

Mystery 1: Why do people still smoke cigarettes outdoors when the PSI reading is 150?

Mystery 2: Why do people still barbecue when there's a haze?

Lost two years of my life at the Newton taxi stand on Friday night, when I was waiting for a cab home with my sister after cell group for 30 minutes.

Breathed in so much haze (doesn't help when you used to have asthma) until I had a headache.
Misery compounded by mumbling taxi drivers who are just looking for the slightest excuse not to pick you up.

It didn't help that people at the queue did not know how to form a proper queue.

This incident just heightened my desire to get a car, or move to a more central location.

Was thinking of pretty nasty things to do to the cab drivers who refused to take us. But when I thought of how difficult it was to earn a living as a cabby in Singapore, I decided against that.