Sunday, January 29, 2006

Tale of Two Meals

What is it about Chinese New Year and food?

I spent a good 15 mins scampering around Toa Payoh Lor 1 in search of a decent lunch on Sat.
The best gourmet stuff I could find - McDonalds.
Tragic.

Thankfully, reunion dinner at Jumbo Seafood Riverwalk more than made up for that.
Price was reasonable, food was excellent, service was warm.
And the restaurant was spacious.
Nothing more my family and I could ask for.

It was a dream meal sitting on the sidewalk along the S'pore River with the gentle evening breeze, watching the bum boats cruise by, enjoying sumptuous seafood...

Tips for CNY reunion dinner (if you're eating out)
1. Book at least six weeks in advance.
2. Always go for the later sitting.
3. Avoid crabs (impossible for me to do).
4. Talk your way out of paying a deposit.