Thursday, November 16, 2006

Anguish

Pain is when you see a loved one sobbing on a hospital bed and you can't do anything but pray.

I have not seen grandma cry this bad since my uncle died prematurely more than 10 years ago.

Her hurt was not physical, though she had a displaced hip bone and could not even sit up, much less walk after her fall.

It was more emotional - the fear of the unknown, the trauma of falling again, the unfamiliarity of living in the hospital for the first time in over 10 years, the taboo of possibly needing surgery.

Lord, please give her the will to live, and give me the time to visit her.

Spent the evening there with my aunt, joined in between by Pastor.

I wish I could just stay there all night, just holding her hand.

But I could not. And she would not let me.