Sunday, February 25, 2007

Zizou Deja vu

This blogger is mad with himself, and wishes he could headbutt the wall.

Another trip, another sports star, another near-miss.
Ouch.

The last time it was Tiger Woods. This time, a famous French footballer.

Went up to Chiang Mai to meet Zizou. That was cool.

And it got way cooler when I was about to take the lift back to my room at the hotel lobby, and out pops the fella.

But here's the frustrating part: I allowed him to walk right me, before I decided to whip out my camera and autograph marker and chase after him.

A moment of hesitance, a period of regret.
He got onto his minibus, and that was the end of my window of opportunity.

No photograph, no autograph.

The last time I had this feeling was in Shanghai, where I stood next to Tiger Woods and his manager like an idiot for 10 mins, and could not bring myself to ask him for the above.

Well, as one friend pointed out: at least that was not Maria Sharapova.

Once bitten, twice still bitten. But yet I hope.
I will score from the third time onwards.